Sharing and comparing my method for trying to beat the spread

I live in the Midwest which is Big Ten country. Once conference play starts virtually every Big Ten game is televised in my region and I commit myself to try and watch all of them. I have three televisions set up as some games are being played at the same time. I have no bias or affiliation to any Big Ten team as I am a lifelong Notre Dame fan (I include ND games in my viewing schedule as well). My comments and reports are qualified only by my love of the game and an extreme commitment to watching and following Big Ten football.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

BIG TEN FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS PRESEASON -2


CRYSTAL BALL

I never handicap any team’s first game of the season. I want to see ‘em play at least once before I’m willing to place any wagers on a particular team. And while one game isn’t much to go on, it’s a huge leap from preseason speculation. You can learn more about a team with each game it plays. Of course, so can the oddsmakers.
Since I’ve gone to the “conference games only” format, this blog has been getting a slow start in terms of predictions. While I used to isolate a few matchups to predict during the nonconference portion of the season, I’m now predicting only the Notre Dame game. As I mentioned, there’s never been any week 1 predictions, week 2 I’ll predict one ND game, week 3 there will be two games to predict as Rutgers and Penn St play an oddly placed conference game, and week 4 will just have one ND game. But things heat up once conference play starts on October 3 as I’ll be predicting anywhere from five to eight games per week.
I’m not sure yet who my unsuspecting competition will be this season until I see some on-line predictions. A couple of last season’s contestants faded out toward the end of the season so I’ll be avoiding those guys. I can usually count on the guys from BTN, though. The gang at Athlon that I included last season seemed worthy but I haven’t seen any predictions from that group as of yet.
My numbers have been relatively flat the past couple of seasons. I’m due for a big season.
Game on! 


For a more user friendly comment section, click herejoetopic
For this season’s archives by title, click hereArchive by Title



No comments:

Post a Comment