INDEX BY TITLE

I live in the Midwest which is Big Ten country. Once conference play starts virtually every Big Ten game is televised in my region and I commit myself to try and watch all of them. I have three televisions set up as some games are being played at the same time. I have no bias or affiliation to any Big Ten team as I am a lifelong Notre Dame fan (I include ND games in my viewing schedule as well). My comments and reports are qualified only by my love of the game and an extreme commitment to watching and following Big Ten football.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Most Intriguing TV Games Week 1

A ranking of this week’s television games that I personally find most intriguing, top to bottom.

All games Saturday, September 2 unless noted

Florida vs. Michigan (Arlington) 2:30 PM  ABC
Marquis matchup.

Ohio St. at Indiana          7:00 PM  ESPN Thursday, August 31
 A conference game on Thursday to get the season started.

Temple at Notre Dame  2:30 PM NBC
Season opener for my Irish.

Buffalo at Minnesota      6:00 PM BTN Thursday, August 31
The first kickoff of the Big Ten season on Thursday night. I won’t miss that. Also wondering how the Gophers look under the new regime.

Louisville vs Purdue (Indianapolis)   6:30 PM  FOX
I think Purdue will be better than most expect so I’m anxious to get a look at the Boilermakers.

Ball State at Illinois     11:00 AM  BTN
I’m interested in what progress has been in made in year two of the Lovie Smith era.

Akron at Penn St.        11:00 AM  ABC
I’m not so sure Penn St. can live up to the lofty preseason expectations. They’ll be good, and this game should be no problem, but last year’s rise to the top involved the type of magic that usually doesn’t last from season to season.

Utah St. at Wisconsin     8:00 PM ESPN Friday, September 1
The Badgers are my dark horse. Well, I guess it isn’t a very dark horse-Wisconsin is highly ranked.

Wyoming at Iowa           11:00 AM   BTN
The Hawkeyes have been known to struggle in the early part of the season.

Maryland at Texas          11:00 AM   FS1
Big time team in Texas. Although Texas isn’t at the top of its game right now, it would immediately change my perspective of Maryland if the Terps are competitive in this game.

Washington at Rutgers   7:00 PM   FS1 Friday, September 1
Might be fun to check out Washington. They’re supposed to be very good this season. I don’t expect this game to be close.

Nevada at Northwestern     2:30 PM  BTN
Most are expecting more than I am from Northwestern this season.

Arkansas State at Nebraska 7:00 PM  BTN
Ho-hum. Should be an easy one for the Huskers.

Bowling Green at Michigan St.     11:00 AM  ESPNU
I don’t have access to ESPNU.


Previous posts:
joeseddit’s Preseason Predictions 2017                                          



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment