INDEX BY TITLE

I live in the Midwest which is Big Ten country. Once conference play starts virtually every Big Ten game is televised in my region and I commit myself to try and watch all of them. I have three televisions set up as some games are being played at the same time. I have no bias or affiliation to any Big Ten team as I am a lifelong Notre Dame fan (I include ND games in my viewing schedule as well). My comments and reports are qualified only by my love of the game and an extreme commitment to watching and following Big Ten football.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

MOST INTRIGUING TV GAMES WEEK 3

A ranking of this week’s television games that I personally find most intriguing, top to bottom.

All games Saturday, September 16 unless noted

Notre Dame at Boston College 2:30 PM  ESPN
This is a weak Big Ten schedule this Saturday. By default, I have no choice but to put my Irish at the top.

Wisconsin at BYU 2:30 PM  ABC
Not much competition from the first two opponents, so it’s hard to get a good read on the Badgers. This game will be a better barometer.

Illinois at South Florida  6:00 PM  ESPN   Friday, September 15
I’m not big on Friday night games – I usually watch High School- so I probably won’t see much of this one. The Illini, with their 2-0 record, have piqued my interest, though.

Northern Illinois at Nebraska  11:00 AM  FS1
I’ve got a feeling this game could be competitive to the finish.

Air Force at Michigan  11:00 AM  BTN
Michigan may be the best team in the Big Ten right now. We’ll get a better idea after this game.

FIA at Indiana  2:30 PM   BTN
Not much of an opponent, but Indiana is one of a few “lower tier” conference teams that has me believing they could give the “upper tier” some problems this season.

Bowling Green at Northwestern  6:30 PM  BTN
Could the Wildcats lay another egg?

Army at Ohio St.  3:30 PM  FOX
Buckeyes will probably start slow, but should win this one easily.

North Texas at Iowa  2:30 PM  ESPN2
Should be an easy one for the Hawkeyes.

Middle Tennessee State at Minnesota  2:30 PM  BTN
Actually, this game could be competitive, but I don’t have much interest in this matchup.

Morgan St. at Rutgers  2:30 PM  BTN
I didn’t even know we had a state called Morgan.

Georgia St. at Penn St.  6:30 PM  BTN
This is such a lopsided matchup I’d rather watch Morgan St.

Purdue at Missouri  3:00 PM  SEC NETWORK
This game would be near the top of this list but I don’t have access to the SEC Network.


Previous posts:


No comments:

Post a Comment